Terms & Conditions
Access to and use of this site is provided by Edward’s Trust subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, which take effect on the date of your first use of the site.
2. Edward’s Trust reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of the site after changes are posted constitutes acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
3. Copyright Restrictions
3.1 All rights reserved; no part of this website, including information, images, photos, logos, names and icons may be copied, republished, posted, broadcast or reproduced in any form whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright holders.
3.2 Documents on the site may not be downloaded, altered or adapted for any purpose except for personal, non-commercial use without prior permission.
4. External links to the Edward’s Trust website
4.1 Any organisation wishing to set up a link to this site must request this by contacting email@example.com
4.2 The existence of a link from any organisation’s site to the Edward’s Trust site does not imply that Edward’s Trust endorses the activities or views of that organisation.
5.1 The names, images and logos identifying Edward’s Trust or third parties and their products and services are the proprietary marks of Edward’s Trust and/or third parties as appropriate. Nothing contained therein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right under any trademark or patent of Edwrad’s Trust or any third party.
6.1 The photographs used within this site to illustrate Edward’s Trust work may be posed by models and may or may not depict actual situations.
7. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction and inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive material or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
8. This site and the information, names, images, photographs, logos and icons regarding or relating to Birmingham St Mary’s Hospice, its products and services (or to third party products and services) is provided ‘AS IS’ and on an ‘IS AVAILABLE’ basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
9. Edward’s Trust does not accept liability for any damages, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or loss of use of this site.
10. Edward’s Trust does not warrant that the functions contained in the material included in this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials.
12. If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent to and within the jurisdiction in which that Term and Condition is illegal, invalid and unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and continue to be binding and enforceable.
13. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
14. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
15. Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but we advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email communication. Your details are not passed on to any third parties without your permission.
If you wish to amend your communication preferences at any time, this should be done by using the website to change your membership settings.
Information we may collect from you
Edward’s Trsut may collect and process the following data about you:
• information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of signing up to participate in Fundraising and other events organised by Edward’s Trust , becoming a member of the website and subscribing to any of Edward’s Trust’s electronic or paper marketing and news updates.
Edward’s Trust may also ask you for information if you report a problem with the website:
• any correspondence you send to Edward’s Trust;
• details of any donations or job applications that you make;
• Edward’s Trust e may also ask you to complete surveys used for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
• details of your visits to this website and the resources that you access;
Edward’s Trust may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about Edward’s Trust’s users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie is a message given to a web browser by a web server. The message is then stored by the browser in a text file called cookie.txt. Each time the browser requests a page from the server, this message is sent back. A cookie’s main objective is to identify users and personalise their visit by customising web pages for them, for example by welcoming them by name next time they visit the same site. A site using cookies will usually invite you to provide personal information such as your name, e-mail address and interests.
17. Taking part in Fundraising activities
17.1 You agree that any costs or risks that arise out of your fundraising activities are your responsibility, including liabilities for injury or loss which may occur to you, your helpers or guests.
17.2 You are aware that Edward’s Trust’s insurance policy will not cover your fundraising activities.
17.3 You will not do anything that threatens Edward’s Trust’s reputation or name. If you do, Birmingham St Mary’s Hospice has the right to require you to cease fundraising on its behalf.
17.4 You agree to pay all proceeds of any fundraising event to Edward’s Trust’s within an agreed timescale and will not deduct any costs unless agreed in writing with Edward’s Trust.
17.5 You agree to only use Edward’s Trust branded materials and the Edward’s Trust name and logo for your fundraising activities that have been approved by Edward’s Trust. You agree to use these in accordance with the Edward’s Trust’s brand guidelines.
17.6 You consent that photographs taken during your fundraising activity may be used to publicise the work of Edward’s Trust generally.
Edward’s Trust organise and host a diverse range of charity events throughout the year and welcome people to organise their own events on our behalf.View Events